Friday, March 04, 2005

Fried Rice with Tofu


Fried Rice with Tofu
Originally uploaded by one hot stove.
Supper tonight was Pan-fried Tofu with Asian-style Fried Rice. I have always liked the idea of eating tofu but all too often, blocks of tofu sit in my fridge week after week...

All this changed one night when my house-mate made grilled tofu...the whole apartment had this wonderful aroma.

Her recipe is the simplest ever: Cut tofu into chunks, marinate in Olive oil and Tamari ( Japanese soy sauce; much more flavorful than the regular soy sauce). Then the tofu is fried on a non-stick pan till golden brown. So much better than take-out!

3 comments:

  1. cool recipe .... im going to try it out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks nice and sounds pretty good! i was wondering how much oil to tamari you would suggest for marinating?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, glad to know I'm not the only one who lets tofu sit in the fridge trying to get up the courage to use it, SOMEHOW. I really LOVE the way the tofu tastes at the local Thai restaurant, so I do need to try it...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment- I try to respond to every single one.